Saturday 8 November 2014

More build pics

Progress has been slow lately due to decorating and the nights drawing in, meaning it's dark when I get home from work.

Having cut the speaker holes in the incorrect positions (spot it in pic), I had to re-cut again.  After the "fun" I had with the round saw piece I used the jigsaw.  They haven't turned out perfect but the plan is to hide the speakers with speaker cloth anyway.  I also decided on the re-cut to swap the speakers (bigger ones) and tweeters (smaller ones) around.

I've decided to use the botched speaker piece to hold fans at the back of the cab. 

An MDF sheet with a hole cut out of it holds the LCD in place. 

Screw in hooks are used for cable management.

Originally I was going to have a flip down hatch rather than a  drawer but it didn't work out so have gone back to the original plans.

Have used filler to fill the counter sunk screw holes, once dried will need to sand.


Don't forget to subscribe and comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment