Sunday 19 October 2014

Marquee Lighting / VU Meter

Decided to use the VU meter within the Marquee lighting after all and include a switch which reverts to plain old lighting when not playing music or whatever.

I cut up the cheaply made in china LED strips and hot-glued them onto an off cut of MDF from cutting the sides (the included adhesive backing was s**t).  After several cockups I'd snipped off the shipped LED's and using a soldering iron to wire the VU meter to the LED strips.  By dumb luck I had a 12V DC adapter sitting in the garage from an old USB scanner I've since binned, this was perfect for the job!  

Rather than paint the MDF beforehand (doh!) I had the idea of masking off the LED strips and then using some black spray paint from Poundland, anyway here is the result;

Don't forget to subscribe & comment!





No comments:

Post a Comment